One of the biggest things I want on my Disney wish list for 2013 is for TDO (Team Disney Orlando) to pull their heads out of their asses. Yeah, I said it. Maintenance and upkeep should be a priority not a rarity. The next thing they should have on the east coast is some love for Disney's Hollywood Studios. The park has potential and here are my ideas.
That's it for the DHS edition of what I want for 2013.
- The Muppets need love! Now I'm not just talking about a spruced up Muppet-Vision, I'm talking about a whole corner of the park. Film a new 3D show for them, keep it zany and barely in control. Next let the Swedish Chef take over Mama Melrose's and hand Pizza Planet over to Rizzo and Pepe the King Prawn. Finally, let's add another attraction. My idea is to play off the already proposed Muppet movie dark ride except it would be either an omnimover or a sensor track thingy that drags you through an attempted recreation of our favorite Disneyland rides, complete with explosions and hecklers. My Muppet ride would take you from Pirates to Peter Pan, from Winnie the Pooh to the Haunted Mansion, and end in a disastrous small world.
- Cars Land, yeah not so much. My DHS re-do would focus on Pixar place. Listen, if you want a damn movie studio park why the hell not treat it as such? Sure, bring a Cars based ride in, but don't alienate other great pictures. Monsters Inc. roller coaster needs a home for hells sake. What about an Incredibles people mover type ride that takes you through Pixar Place? I don't know, just thinking out loud. Ooh! Get rid of the Honey I'm Canadian and Our Kids are Now Really Small, Eh playground and make a Toy Story/Bugs Life playground! Man, if I only knew how to draw, this shit would be way more interesting. Moving on to...
- LucasFilms! Man, this one is gigantic! I know it's been discussed here already, but I'm geeking out about this! We have Star Tours already (thank the maker!), we have the Indy stunt show thingy and that can go. Keep Dr. Jones around, just in a different venue. I don't think that a clone of the ride from Anaheim is in order, nor a clone of the Paris roller coaster, because there is already going to be 3 runaway mine cart train things as it is. I honestly don't know what to put here, but Indy is needed. Oh yeah, retheme the eatery in between Star Tours and Indy into the Mos Eisley Cantina, complete with the Cantina band, severed arms, and people shooting first.
- So what's left? Marvel is, that's what. Put them in the backlot area, maybe as a meet and greet. Orlando seems to like those. I'm running out of ideas, so....?..
- General park cleanup and maintenance. Refurbish the vehicles in the backlot area and place them where they can be walked up to, not driven by. And dammit all Disney World keep your shit clean and pretty. I'm dropping around $5k to take my family there this year and while I do not expect it to be perfect, I don't expect to not see x-ray vision rocks...